About the job
9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite childcare center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Full Time Days
- Assigns and sequences ICD9-CM/CPT/HCPCS codes to diagnoses and procedures from documented information in the medical record.
- Assures the final diagnoses and operative procedures as stated by the physician and other healthcare provider are valid and complete.
- Reviews medical records to identify secondary complications and co-morbid conditions.
- Codes and abstracts all necessary information with most accurately describes each documented diagnoses and procedures according to established HIM guidelines and AHIMA code of Ethics.
- Able to communicate precisely with medical staff and other healthcare providers when querying information regarding diagnoses and procedures.
- Checks charges to make sure they are accurate and complete.
- Sends Discern Notification messages to appropriate departments when charges are missing or incorrect.
- Assures all Medicare edits are addressed by adding appropriate modifiers, if appropriate.
- Meets coding productivity standards as outlined by department guidelines.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association.
- Registered Health Information Management Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Management Technician (RHIT) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Associates Degree or Graduate of a Technical School or Technical Certification
- 1 to 2 Years of Position-Related Experience
The HIM Specialist II is responsible for coding and abstracting inpatient and outpatient medical records using correct ICD9-CM and CMP codes and abiding by coding conventions.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.