Registered Nurse Progressive Care FT Nights $5000 Sign on Bonus
About the job
Registered Nurse RNProgressive Care AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Sign on bonus with a 2 year commitment agreement signed.
Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits Available Day One
Location Address:9100 W. 74th Street, Shawnee Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- $5000 sign-on bonus with a two year commitment agreement signed for eligible candidates
- Received Magnet recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
- On-site, covered, free parking
Full Time, Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Utilizes the Nursing Process (Assess, Plan, Implement and Evaluate) to provide optimal patient care.
- Demonstrate accurate assessment skills appropriate to my patient population and based on evidence, policy and practice standards when caring for all patients regardless of complexity or need.
- Assure patient safety by adhering to established policies and procedures and utilizing patient safety resources such as mPPID. Implement a plan of care according to identified physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize nursing interventions based on patient needs and in conjunction with unit activities and resources available.
- Actively participate in bedside shift report, safety huddles, multidisciplinary patient rounds and hourly rounding to gather all information necessary to care for my patients, anticipate their needs and provide for a smooth hand-off to other members of the health care team.
- Provide patient teaching/discharge planning to promote optimal patient outcomes.
- Provide routine and specialized teaching/discharge planning throughout the patient stay to prepare the patient/family/significant other regain independence prior to discharge.
- Provide individualized teaching plan based on assessed learning needs, education level, language spoken and level of understanding.
- Provide patient and family/significant other with a completed Teaching/Discharge Plan which includes specific information regarding medications, follow-up and community resources as needed.
- Document all pertinent information (health history, assessment, test results, plan of care, teaching and patient response) in a timely manner according to departmental policy.
What You Will Need:
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- No Previous ExperienceBachelors Degree in Nursing or obtained within 4 years of employment
- Kansas Registered Nurse License
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
The Registered Nurse (RN) coordinates the efforts of the multidisciplinary care team for the patients within his/her scope of responsibility. The RN provides direct patient care, collaborates with patients, families, peers, physicians and other members of the health care team in the delivery of care to a specific patient population. The RN utilizes the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation) in order to maintain and improve patient outcomes.
The RN demonstrates leadership/management skills and a commitment to professional accountability and growth. The RN strives to advance from novice to expert and become an evidence-based scholar in order to provide optimal patient care and advocate on behalf of his/her patients. The RN serves as a role model for the mission, vision and values of Shawnee Mission Health. S/he is accountable for working within the parameters of the Kansas Nurse Practice Act, all regulatory standards and established policies, protocols and procedures.